Invited Speakers, Tutorials, Panel
- Johanna Seibt (University of Aarhus, Denmark) - Non-Transitive Mereology on Processes: Applying GTP (General Process Theory) in the Theory of Interactions
- Mike Uschold (Reinvent Technology, Vancouver, B.C., previously Boeing Corporation, USA) - Ontology-Driven Information Systems: Past, Present and Future
- Stefano Bertolo (European Commission DG INFSO/E2, Luxembourg) - Intelligent Information Management in FP7 2009-2010
- Tutorial 1: Nicola Guarino - Ontologies and Ontological Analysis: An Introduction
- Tutorial 2: Ludger van Elst & Michael Sintek - Ontologies and the Semantic Web: Building Blocks and Challenges
Panel: 'How do we measure progress in formal ontology research?'Chair: Chris Welty (IBM, USA)
How do we measure progress in formal ontology research? Mathematicans and logicians solve open problems; physicists propose and test new theories, or discover new phenomena; engineers design and build new materials and devices. What do we, as the FOIS community, do? Have we made progress in the past ten years?